how to configure nav server instance to use a database

lotlot Member Posts: 3
Hello Tech guys I'm LOT a new user of Microsoft dynamics NAV. I've been trying to do an upgrade to navision 2015. But when i try to run certain objects in the object designer of the development environment, i get the following errors.

"There are no NAV Server instances available for this database. You must ensure that a NAV Server instance is running and is configured to use the database before you perform this activity"

Can somebody help me fix this error please... I got stocked in this error for almost 2 weeks now. Thanks

Answers

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    You probably need to have the NAV Server component installed somewhere. In Demo or Dev environments they are usually installed on the same box as the SQL Server. You can install the NAV Server from the installation DVD

During the installation of the NAV Server component you are supposed to enter the name of your SQL Server, the name of your database, and the active directory account used to run the server component. Once this is installed, configured, up and running you will be able to run objects from you database.

There are a plenty of materials and guides, on Microsoft and other websites covering that topic.

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • lotlot Member Posts: 3
    Hi Slawek_Guzek... Thanks for the reply... I've tried all these parameters you've made mention at the initial stage of the installation.. I also have tried to look into the nav server configuration file but the problem still persists...
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Have you read the walkthrough documents published by Microsoft? Have you followed them? If you have which part is not working for you?
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03