Options

Page Action Categories & Drop Downs

nick_robbonick_robbo Member Posts: 49
Hi All,

I have a page, which has some actions contained in a drop down. So the layout is as follows....

ActionContainer (Main Action Container)
ActionContainer (Action Container for Drop Down)
Action1
Action2
Action3
Action4

These actions are promoted, and are currently displayed in the "New" section.
Note I haven't found a way to promote the whole drop down, so they are displayed normally.

I am trying to tidy up the page, and add action categories.
It seems that as soon as I assign a category to these actions, they disappear from the promoted tab.
If I just set the PromotedCategory property to "New", then they are fine. Am I doing something wrong?

It seems strange that I can't assign them a Promoted Category.

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Just to answer the issue, it was some Profile Metadata which was masking my changes. I removed the Profile Metadata for that object and my Profile (we use some development profile). This solved the issue.

Answers

• Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    DropDown? Was that some property on 2009?

On which Version are you?
  • Options
    thomasbarbutthomasbarbut Member Posts: 25
    Hello @vaprog , it is also in 2017. Check the picture from the Customer List Page

lqgz6lchllxw.png
  • Options
    AntHillMobAntHillMob Member Posts: 79
    Look at the PromotedCategoriesML Property of the page.
    It will only show as if the category exist here (beyond the standard categories of New, Process and report).
    Put a standard Multli-language caption here ie ENG=New,Process,Report,NewCategory and then if set the promoted Category as category4 it will show in NewCatgory.

However be careful as on some standard NAV pages the promoted actions are set in the personalisation profiles and not set through properties so this may override what is set in properties.
  • Options
    edited 2017-09-04
    Hello @vaprog , it is also in 2017. Check the picture from the Customer List Page

lqgz6lchllxw.png

Ok, thanks. So it's just a nested ActionGroup (or whatever the corresponding configuration/personalization thing is).
    jw2vj4bzp9um.png
    <font size="-1">(Sorry for this off-topic side thread)</font>
  • Options
    Yes, I have applied a set of Promoted Categories, right now the actions sit in the category "New". This is the incorrect place, but as soon as I move them to the new category "Category4", they disappear. It is very strange, and the only difference I can see is that these actions are part of a "Drop Down" like in the screenshot above.
  • Options
    What about the preview in the designer? are they hidden in category4 there also?
  • Options
    Yes, which is even stranger...as soon as I put them in the new category, they are not visible. Yet I can see them in the designer.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Just to answer the issue, it was some Profile Metadata which was masking my changes. I removed the Profile Metadata for that object and my Profile (we use some development profile). This solved the issue.
  • Options
    Not sure what your answer means:

"Yes" - they are hidden (i.e. not visible) in the preview
    "Yet I can see them in the designer." - that is, in the menu definition, but not the preview

Do I understand correctly?

What version of NAV are you on?

It work correctly for me. Tested on NAV 2017 CU9
  • Options
    Hi Vaprog, apologies if I was not clear.

I could see the actions in the Preview.
    I could not see them in the RTC/Web Client.

This was due to some Profile configuration which was overwriting my changes.
  • Options
    nick_robbo wrote: »
    This was due to some Profile configuration which was overwriting my changes.

Yes, in this case it could have been profile configuration or user personalization.