Options

How to post to different retained earning account in navision?

CalistaCalista Member Posts: 1
Hi all,

Would like to know if to split the retain earning amount and post to different RE account, how to go about ?
A bit confuse on the date with Cdd/mm/yyyy.

If I have 2 retained earning a/c (eg. RE1 and RE2), once closed income statement(point to RE1 - $15,000) and before posting the closing journal, can I change partial amount to post to RE2(Eg. RE1 - $10,000 RE2 - $5,000) ? Should the date with 'C' or without 'C' ? and how it will affect my balance sheet and profit and loss a/c ?

Thanks.

Answers

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,089
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Tips & Tricks' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    rmfontrmfont Member Posts: 10
    We use the the NA localization of NAV 2013 and the closing journal entries proposed by using the built-in function are fully editable, so unless it's different with your version then it should be okay to post to more than one retained earnings account by changing the journal before posting it.

The 'C' in front of the date means that it's a closing entry, which may be used in list and report filters to include or exclude entries posted with that date depending on how you want to view the accounting totals. For example, if you wanted to see the total amount posted to a revenue or expense account over multiple years then you would exclude the closing entries from the date range.