Options

NAV 2017 CU 9 Codeunit 1281 error - download currency exchange rates

KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
This worked in NAV 2016, The client upgrade to NAV 2017 two weeks ago. Now codeunit 1281, which is called by a job queue entry, fails. Running it directly causes error below. I can connect to the internet with a browser from the server.

tfyp215491op.png

Answers

• Options
    SpinkySpinky Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    I am getting this same issue, though it works intermittently. Have you found any solution to this?
  • Options
    Yes, I did but it was a while ago so I don't remember the details. I think I found another service to query for the exchange rates, and edited the codeunit with that. If you want, I can connect to the client and get the details.
  • Options
    That would be great if you could thank you :) We have been struggling with this one for a little while now.
  • Options
    I just checked. I think what happened is it started working, but I see the job is now in error state. So we need to solution also. I will get back to you if I resolve it.
  • Options
    Yes it is very intermittent. I can have it work for some companies but not others, if it errors sometimes it works after, other times it doesn't. When it is not working I can't even access the Currency Exchange Rate Services card for it.

I've read somewhere that Yahoo Finance API has been discontinued. Does this apply to the currency API also? I can't seem to find any information on that.

Likewise, I'll update if I find anything.
  • Options
    HannesHolstHannesHolst Member Posts: 119
    edited 2017-11-06
    Hi,

Yes - the currency API has been discontinued.

You even can't use the API-request in the Yahoo-API-console:
    Link

It just says
    It has come to our attention that this service is being used in violation of the Yahoo Terms of Service. As such, the service is being discontinued. For all future markets and equities data research, please refer to finance.yahoo.com.

Time for something new.
  • Options
    Thank you for the clarification. Time to find something else as you say.