the transaction cannot be completed because it will cause inconsistencies in the g/l entry table NAV

pruebasExpruebasEx Member Posts: 51
Hi,

In NAV 5.0 SP1 I get this error message when I try to POST an Sales Invoice

the transaction cannot be completed because it will cause inconsistencies in the g/l entry table NAV 5.0 SP1
msh145my0ub0.png

It only happens when I try to post an Invoice with a G/L Account (only found problem with one G/L Entry 7000000001).

When I try to post next time works ok, and posts the invoice with no errors.

I saw some threads talking about same problem, but not NAV 5.0 SP1...

I applied this fix to see a list of GL lines Inconsistency

You can see results here
td99m96edu38.png

Best Answer

Answers

• AntHillMobAntHillMob Member Posts: 79
    I'll translate NAV's worst error message for you :smiley:

The document you are trying to post is trying to post out of balance entries to the G/L. NAV will prevent this as an incorrect posting. You will need to look at the accounts that will get updated be the post and see what accounts are getting updated and try and work out why this will cause an out of balance posting.
  • pruebasExpruebasEx Member Posts: 51
    edited 2017-08-24
    AntHillMob wrote: »
    I'll translate NAV's worst error message for you :smiley:
    :neutral:

The document you are trying to post is trying to post out of balance entries to the G/L. NAV will prevent this as an incorrect posting. You will need to look at the accounts that will get updated be the post and see what accounts are getting updated and try and work out why this will cause an out of balance posting.

And why the second time I try to post, there's no error?
  • AntHillMobAntHillMob Member Posts: 79
    Are you sure nothing was refreshed between postings?
    Looking at the entries you have shown there is no balancing account for the payment.
  • pruebasExpruebasEx Member Posts: 51
    Very often this error happens when calculating Sales TAX, VAT GST etc. Often because of incorrect rounding, or sometimes because the last line is incorrectly rounded which is why it works the second time. Go into SQL and take a look at the actual decimal amounts un-rounded and see if there is a miss match.

finally, it was some strange behaivour when calculing VAT from different countries.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    pruebasEx wrote: »

finally, it was some strange behaivour when calculing VAT from different countries.

B)

David Singleton
  • Ephraim_07Ephraim_07 Member Posts: 9
    Check that the VAT posting group field on the journal line has been filled. If it has been filled on the GL account card it will auto pull to the Line and try and post VAT with rounding.