Options

Management of student in navision

celjeta93celjeta93 Member Posts: 3
I am new to Nav and I have joined a project for implementing Nav in management of students. We are having a discussion in my group about which card to use as sudent card. We are having a situation where payments for a student are done by some organization. So we are thinking to use contacts as student card and as customers to be the one that are paying for the students. I dont know if this works, because we want also to keep tracking payments for each student and another case is that a student can be linked with different customer during attendace in the school.

Could anyone please help me,

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Take a look at bill to sell to and ship to structure.

Lets say you have a parent (Smith) with three children (Jane, Fred, Betty), assign Smith as P0028, Jane as S0186, Fred as S0187, Betty as S0188

P0028 = Bill To customer card
    S0186 = Sell To Customer Card with bill to as P0028
    S0187 = Sell To Customer Card with bill to as P0028
    S0189 = Sell To Customer Card with bill to as P0028

Each Customer card, parent and student will also have a contact card made Create the Smith family as a company, and all the parents and students as persons in that company.

The actual linking of the students to the contact cards you need to work out based on the business needs, but this should get you started.

Ship to you can use for managing addresses where a student has multiple addresses, e.g. their primary address is their parents address, but their term address is an on school dormitory.

David Singleton
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    By the way, if the billing organization is NOT the parent, then the same applies, but create a new billing entry for the Bill_to eg. O0021 using a separate letter for Organization, Parent, Student will make it visually easier to manage.

And don't panic about getting each Contact person to exactly match the Student, more important is to keep them grouped by who ever pays the bills. You can create an option field in the Contact card for Organization, Parent, Student etc.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    celjeta93celjeta93 Member Posts: 3
    Hello, thank you for your replay. We have design like this: Organization will be created as customer(by system is created the contact for them, serial number is different from student). Student are created as contact(because we have to store the information like grades, last school attended, relatives etc; and the customer code will be the same as its is in the contact) if this student pay by his self then is created as customer, if the organization pays, at field organization number we add the code of organization. What do you thing?? I still have some doubt how is gone work the reports. I know that in the table Sales Header is also the contact no, I hope we can use that