Options

Two report questions

RSA_TechRSA_Tech Member Posts: 65
A problem has been identified with a clients Customer Statements and Invoices.

Most of the reports are 1-2 pages but occasionally there are 3 or more page invoices and statements.

Three page statements are pulling header info for the next sequential customer in the batch while displaying the report content of the third page.

This shifts the whole thing off and the rest of the reports are wrong.

We can reproduce it every time an invoice or statement in a batch is 3 or more pages.

Any insight on how to troubleshoot or where to look next would be much appreciated.

I think the data being pulled incorrectly (the header and totals on the bottom) is using the Get\Set logic in visual studio where as the data that works (body of the report) uses the default style '=First(Fields!VAR_Message.Value, "DataSet_Result")'

Have you experienced this with a report before?

Do reports need to use one or the other method to stay consistent?

The second question is related to the micr line on the check report object. Clients are printing and seeing the line in various places on the report moving vertically up and down. I tested and saved to pdf and found that the line is moving there too so the printer is not responsible. what could cause it to move like this. I even uploaded an old object that didn't have this problem and the textbox control is still moving around. It's interesting that nothing else on the report moves as the batch prints just this one text box.

Both reports are customized.

Any resources or good lessons on RDLC NAV development I should be checking out?

Answers

• Options
    martinher562martinher562 Member Posts: 50
    Can you please attach images of what is happening to the reports ?
    If you are getting the record multiple times, maybe there is an incorrect join or check if in report builder you have it as a line instead of a group.

Can you also give me the version of NAV you are running ? 2009 classic, RTC, 2015 ?

One good book I found about rdlc is this one: Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 Professional Reporting
    Book by Steven Renders

However, I was already a report developer so I was very familiar with rldc reports.