Unit Cost on Posted Assembly Order not Updated

markborgesmarkborges Member Posts: 136
Hello,

I create 4 items: 3 components (000A, 000B, 000C), and 1 main item (000), which has an Assembly Order composed by those 3 components.

I assembled 15 units to Stock, and for those, I put some manual resource lines on the Assembly Order. Then I posted, and my cost was 15.19.

Later on, I sold 5 units.

Later on, I created a sales order with 20 units, being 10 from Stock and 10 to be assembled. This time, my assembly orders did not have the resource lines, so my cost should be 13.25.

When I posted this order, the assembly order was posted partially correct: The item cost was correct on the Item Ledger Entries (13.25), however, on the POSTED ASSEMBLY ORDER, the unit cost showing there is still 15.19. If I view this posted document, you can clearly see that the sum of the costs does not match 15.19.

Is this a design error? Even though it posted with this wrong amount, all my costs are fine, and my item cost and profit is fine. However I'm wondering if this field with the wrong value is not used anywhere else for statistics, and eventually will cause a discrepancy.

Thanks a lot, regards,
Marcelo Borges
New York, NY, U.S.A.
Dynamics NAV Consultant

Answers

• allenyyzhouallenyyzhou Member Posts: 142
    Hi

I checked the source code in assembly header, at first system will get the "Unit cost" in Item card, if you want the correct cost, you can click the "Update Unit Cost" in Assembly Order.

So I think no problem with your design, it is just standard behavior of NAV. And as you say, value entry will be correct, so unit cost in posted assembly order is just a "Expected" value not "Acutal" value.