Options

Should we use planned and/or firm planned production orders?

sjc01234sjc01234 Member Posts: 11
NAV 2009, classic client

Currently our scheduler creates new production orders only as Released orders. We have not been using any sort of "planned" status, but we are now wanting to implement a "Planned" Production Order. I notice there is both a planned and a firm planned. Which should I use?

I also notice on a released prod order the "change order status" function only shows Firmed Planned / Released / Finished as options. It does not show a "Planned" status. Is that because the function is only allowing me to change to Firm Planned from a Released order? Or is there something that is prevent us from using Planned in general? This may be a secondary question - but since I am wanting to implement "Planned" orders, and wasn't sure if I should use Planned or Firm Planned... noticing the missing Planned option here made me wonder if that will impact my decision.

One other option is to simply place a checkbox on the released prod order header that will allow us to designate an order as just "planned." Really, we are wanting to differentiate planned/vs confirmed production orders for our master scheduling system. Since that resides outside of Navision it may be easier to just use this option depending on how complicated it will be to implement planned prod orders.

Best Answer

Answers