Options

NAV Priting Label Issue

jigneshdhandhajigneshdhandha Member Posts: 41
edited 2017-07-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

We have one Label Report, Label Size = 4 inch Width and 2 inch Height.

In NAV 2009 R2, when we print this Label report through Label Printer. It prints the Report as per Label Size and print the data horizontally from left to right. (NAV 2009 R2 Output)

we have upgraded this report in NAV 2016 with the same size (4 x 2) inches. when we tried to print this report with the same Label Printer, it prints the data vertically from top to bottom. (NAV 2016 Output)

Here Please Note that

1. Currently Label Printer prints the Report properly in NAV 2009 R2.
2. We have used the same Label printer for NAV 2009 R2 and NAV 2016.
3. Report Layout Size ((4 x 2) inches) and margin are same in NAV 2009 R2 and NAV 2016.

Can anyone help me for this so we can print the Label properly in NAV 2016.

Thanks in advance.

NAV 2009 R2 Output
c8mlrdg9wthi.png

NAV 2016 Output
npw6y3gwglwo.png

Answers

• Options
    LCostaLCosta Member Posts: 33
    In the Report Layout, on the Report Properties try the following:
    Paper size: Custom
    Orientation: Landscape

Make sure you're using a rectangle inside the tablix field and also make sure you're using the rectangle property "keep contents together if possible".

Hope it helps.
  • Options
    Hello LCosta,

Thanks for reply.

I have already setup the Paper Size : Custom - Width = 4 Inch and Height = 2 Inch.

Orientation = Landscape.

In NAV 2016, we have put the Textbox into one Rectangle and As you said, There is one Rectangle property "Keep contents together if possible". The value true for this field is true.

Currently we are facing one issue, in NAV 2009 R2, report prints horizontally from Left to Right and if we print the report from NAV 2016, system print the report vertically from Bottom to Top. so how we can rotate the output to 90 degree to right. To Print the Label Report Properly in NAV 2016.

Thanks.
  • Options
    LCostaLCosta Member Posts: 33
    It looks like you have everything right (in my opinion), I think that's up to the printer settings. I know its priting right for the 2009 version, but maybe it needs new settings for the 2016. Usually I fix that on the printer side (Zebra Printers).
  • Options
    xStepaxStepa Member Posts: 106
    edited 2017-07-26
    Seems to me like a scale/units issue (printed content is obviously bigger than the label). Wouldn't it be better to use ZPL? Not so much coding there ...
    labelary.com/viewer.html
    Regards
    xStepa
  • Options
    edited 2017-07-26
    Hello xStepa,

Thanks for reply

Actual Report Layout size is smaller than than Report Label Size (4 x 2) Inches. So In our case Size is not issue.

Currently they are printing the Label Report properly in NAV 2009 R2 so which settings we should check for Label Printer to print the Label Properly in NAV 2016.

Thanks.
  • Options
    amaama Member Posts: 15
    Check the printer settings using the user account you are trying to print from in the RTC, check the settings from the Service account that is running the NAV service. Look for paper size, and landscape vs. portrait. Just note that windows will have a different printer profile for each user that is trying to print.

On the report itself in 2016 there is Report properties that has a page properties for dimensions.
    Then there are dimension properties for each of the elements on the report so Report -> Body -> List -> and then the table itself if you have one on there.