Options

RapidStart - Move field data into another field (same table) on import

florkoflorko Member Posts: 3
I'm moving data using rapidstart from an very old database.

In several tables we created 50xxx range fields that didn't exist in our version however they do exist in the NAV 17 version. For example the Salesperson/Purcahsor table contains email which we created 50000 - Email.

Is there a way to map fields in the rapidstart environment? For example on import field data in 50000 -> field 5052.

I've probably sent more time trying to find the answer whereas i could have just wrote code to do so, but I'm trying to avoid writing code to handle each of these.

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    bilalraibilalrai Member Posts: 50
    Is your old data from legacy system in excel or in which format ? If in excel copy all the column of email from old excel file and paste it in the new excel template that you have created from NAV 2017.
  • Options
    florkoflorko Member Posts: 3
    It is in excel however i was looking for an automated method which didn't require someone to move data fields
  • Options
    dewaliiidewaliii Member Posts: 4
    I am not sure, what of writing a macro to check the header on the two excel sheets and copying it to the new template. eg. if old template has e-mail in 500xx and new one in 5052. The data is copied to 5052. This would be based on the assumption that the two headers are named the same way.

Alternatively is build a library of the headers. That will allow you to compare the current field to what it might have being named before.

The macro can run through this easily may be able to figure out what column in the old excell should be moved to the new column in the current template.
    If you love me, keep my commandment.
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    i found Gunnar's xmlport generator with a few tweaks provides a relatively quick way to do a mass move of data between releases.
    Does your old version support xmlports?
  • Options
    FiammenghiFiammenghi Member Posts: 17
    Hi Davmac1,
    where i can find the xmlport genreator you're referring to ?

Tks in advance
    Fabrizio
  • Options
    rfajdigarfajdiga Member Posts: 40
    Hi,
    when I do migration through rapidstart and excel in between the old system and new I usually export from old system data to excel in one structure. In another excel I have the template from RSS from new NAV and then just copy/paste rows or with some formulas copy data from one excel to another and then import excel template to new NAV.

I find out this very quickly when using some formulas for mapping or copying data from old excel to new excel and then importing to new NAV.

Br,
    Renato