Options

SOLVED SQL Codepage 1250 (slowakisch) with SQL Server Option (NAV 2009 Classic Client )

NAVFuchsNAVFuchs Member Posts: 76
Hi,

my customer wants to implement Dynamics NAV 2009 Classic (Object 2.01) with SQL Server 2008 R2

I selected Codepage SQL_Slowak_CP1250_CI_AS and I also tried SQL_Latin1_General_CP1250_CIAS.

I changed also my Codepage of the windows client es well as my keyboard. I also used the Virtual Keyboard from Windows 10.

It's not a problem to key in the characters into the windows Editor as well as direct in the Sql-Server table.

But it is not possible to type in some keys direct in a Navision Form or to copy paste correct words from excel/editor to Navision.

Any Idea what could be wrong?

Typed in in Editor:

493h4lw2r345.png

Typed in or copied into Navision: (missing c accent and t accent or different character when typed in)

gz5e18e77w52.png

Answers

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    NAVFuchs wrote: »
    Typed in or copied into Navision: (missing c accent and t accent or different character when typed in)

gz5e18e77w52.png

This has nothing to do with the server collation, that only affects how the data is stored, sorted and converted to upper case. The display is dependent on the locale setting in your client computer. Simply change this to Slovak.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    kenniekennie Member Posts: 34
    As a side note, do be aware that both SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2012 are out of mainstream support. Just saying... :)