Options

Item Unit Cost at a certain date

Ash_7777Ash_7777 Member Posts: 5
Good day!
I need a way to calculate the Unit Cost of an item at a certain date in a report.The date will be chosen in the request page.All I was able to found is the last Unit Cost in the Item card.
The NAV version is 2013R2

Answers

• Options
    anyone please!!!
  • Options
    BorisKBorisK Member Posts: 45
    Build your Report on Value Entries and calculate Unit Cost at any point by the following formula:
    (Total "Expected Cost" + Total "Actual Cost") / Total "Item Ledger Entry Quantity"
  • Options
    BorisK wrote: »
    Build your Report on Value Entries and calculate Unit Cost at any point by the following formula:
    (Total "Expected Cost" + Total "Actual Cost") / Total "Item Ledger Entry Quantity"

I tried this before but I found that the result of (Total "Expected Cost" + Total "Actual Cost") / Total "Item Ledger Entry Quantity" is sometimes different from the unit cost in the item card when I try the today date. I think it has something to do with costing method or and the entry type.
  • Options
    Possibly, but that could be due to the fact that "Adjust Cost - Item Entries" hasn't been run. This formula is used by NAV for calculating Unit Cost (see function UpdateUnitCost() in C5804).
  • Options
    BorisK wrote: »
    Possibly, but that could be due to the fact that "Adjust Cost - Item Entries" hasn't been run. This formula is used by NAV for calculating Unit Cost (see function UpdateUnitCost() in C5804).

I did run the "Adjust Cost - Item Entries" and it still different for some items. Not only that but if I check the Average cost calc. overview page the last unit cost is different from the one on the item card. There is a lot of transfer entries in those items maybe that change the unit cost calculation in some way.
  • Options
    Y_1716Y_1716 Member Posts: 11
    edited 2017-07-11
    hi, I have a report that does this (get unit cost as at a date passed as filter) but the unit cost becomes negative! I am using the value entries and I am ending up with a negative total cost (expected) ex;

Total Cost expected : -700
    Total Cost Actual : 600
    Item Ledg. Entry Qty = 57

so (("Expected Cost" + Total "Actual Cost") / Total "Item Ledger Entry Quantity" ) is
    ((-720+600)/57)) = -2.1

Can anyone explain what could cause this negative total cost expected, please?
  • Options
    Y_1716 wrote: »
    hi, I have a report that does this but the unit cost becomes negative! I am using the value entries and I am ending up with a negative total cost (expected) ex;

so (("Expected Cost" + Total "Actual Cost") / Total "Item Ledger Entry Quantity" ) is
    ((-720+600)/57)) = -2.1

If your goal is to just calculate the last unit cost then you can get it from the item table without any calculation. But if you want the unit cost at a certain date you have the same problem as me.
  • Options
    edited 2017-07-11
    deleted
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Tips & Tricks' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Y_1716 wrote: »
    hi, I have a report that does this (get unit cost as at a date passed as filter) but the unit cost becomes negative! I am using the value entries and I am ending up with a negative total cost (expected) ex;

((-720+600)/57)) = -2.1

Not sure, expected cost shouldn't normally go negative.
    Have you run Adjust Cost - Item Entries?
    If it's a purchase Item - could it be that some of the Purchase Receipts only partially invoiced?