Options

NAV 2017 client memory issue

mikhaelmikhael Member Posts: 19
Hi Experts!

We have a strange memory issue with one of our customer user. The user has 5-6x bigger memory usage compared to others which really slows down her Nav.
Screenshot below is from Citrix XenApp server where the NAV client in installed. Server will reboot every day and the user has been in Nav only about 4 hours.

df3hs1cxsa0z.png

The user has only posted sales invoices and printed them to local printer over Citrix connection. My guess is that the problem has something to do with that combo. Every time you preview rdlc report it will increase memory usage of the client, but it should also decrease after the report preview is closed. I think that there could be problem that the memory usage will not decrease and the old report will stay in the client’s cache. Have you faced any similar memory issues?

NAV version is 2017 CU4. No major modifications.

Comments

• Options
    HaraldFHaraldF Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    we have similar issue without reports. We test 2017 CU6 (I'm happy, because there is only a test for "technical upgrade", the same application with 2016 works fine). At this time we havn't a solution. But more physical memory on the Middle Tier may help some time. It seems that the slow down apears if the memory couldn't increase.
    Sometimes maybe it helps if you know that you are not alone. ;-)