Rapid Start generates an error on export

Hi all

I have come across a strange error when exporting to excel using Rapid Start.

When I try to open the excel file that is created I get this warning
9fmcytic16fk.png

If I say yes to the warning I get in Excel
rhpwzvbffuii.png

going past this message all the data appears to be ok in the excel file. It also happens if I save and reopen the excel file.

I have narrowed down the fields that appear to cause the error but I can see anything unusual about them so I am not sure why they are causing an error.

Has anyone seen this before, or has anyone got any ideas what the issue might be?

regards

Ian

Regards

Ian

Best Answer

• Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    Answer ✓
    I found the problem.

The fields that caused the issue had captions that either had a space at the end of them or matched the name of another field on the table. Once I removed the spaces and changed the caption to something unique the error went away.
    Regards

Ian

Answers

• bilalraibilalrai Member Posts: 50
    edited 2017-07-06
    I use this feature often but had not seen this error. Just a guess that have you installed the excel add-in while installing NAV. See the image attached. @Ian_Piddington10199

b8rdmjhh8zqr.png
    Just checked and I do have the Excel add-in installed. The error only happens with a couple of fields, if I take those fields out of the package everything is fine. I have had a look at the fields but I can't see anything unusual about them. I have tried with the same objects in a couple of different databases and I get the same results.
    Regards

Ian
    Answer ✓
    I found the problem.

The fields that caused the issue had captions that either had a space at the end of them or matched the name of another field on the table. Once I removed the spaces and changed the caption to something unique the error went away.
    Regards

Ian