Options

Create a RapidStart file with two or more packages within

Hello,
Does anyone know how to create a RapidStart file with several packages within? I've seen an example of such a file but I am not able to replicate it.

The file when applied, it creates several packages with several tables on each.

Comments

• Options
    bilalraibilalrai Member Posts: 50
    Please send the reference where you've seen such a file and also the version you are working with.
    Regards
  • Options
    Andres_CerroAndres_Cerro Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    I've seen these RapidStart files in the company I'm currently working at (where done by a previous employee) and there are versions of these files for both, 2013 and 2016 NAV.

Basically, the file is a "filename.rapidstart" file which is imported from the Configuration Package > Action Tab > Import Package, and once the file has been imported, the only action the user has to do is to Apply Package from Function Menu, then the tool, automatically creates a list of packages with several tables on each.
  • Options
    @Andres_Cerro When you import .rapidstart file in NAV how many lines are added in the list. And where you see that more then one packages are applied. In Configuration worksheet ? There may be some lines already been placed.
  • Options
    @Andres_Cerro in the attached image the highlighted area is the package name.xg4qkj4z2qe2.png
  • Options
    @bilalrai when imported the .rapidstart file, only a single line is created. Then, I select "Apply Package" and the tool created 19 new packages (with tables on each package) in the Configuration Packages window, not in the Configuration Worksheet, the Worksheet is empty.
    Is like a ".zip" file of packages and I have not clue how to replicate it.
  • Options
    @Andres_Cerro sorry bro no idea about that. BTW if you get the solution post it here so may be beneficial for others.
    Regards
  • Options
    @bilalrai Yes, I will.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    amaama Member Posts: 15
    This made me curious so i did a test. You can make a "Master" package with the configuration package tables inside of it.

When you export it, it will suck out the other packages along with it.

When you import to a new database, or delete all your packages and re-import, when you "apply data" it will actually bring in all of the sub-packages that you included in the filter.

Probably un-intended behavior, but it works and this is probably what your old employee was doing.
    Pretty clever.