Options

Adjustment Entries in ILE

krishnamkkrishnamk Member Posts: 27
Dear Friends,

I have problem in Item cost entries.

Whenever I do undo sales shipment, the system is creating extra entries in ILE with type Adjustments for related Items. They are purchasing transferring and selling. That is all.

G/L are affected in the financial which is closed.

Please help me.

Warm Regards
Kris

Answers

• Options
    Please help, and find it is problem with cost method, or negative stock issue
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    edited 2017-06-21
    G/L is affected because you have expected cost posting turned on in the inventory setup, which means not only invoices will book inventory costs but also shipment notes. In my experience most companies will either not want it or if yes then link it with some very "technical" G/L accounts that are not part of the usual balance sheet and P/L.

Another thing is that you can only do an undo as long as it is not invoiced, and you are closing financial periods without invoicing shipments? That... cannot be a correct closer procedure. Seriously one of the most basic steps of closing is to ensure all shipments are invoiced.
  • Options
    First of all thank you for reply.
    I did not active 'Expected cost' in the setup. I know if we do we may require interim accounts also.

When I undo shipments which were pending in the closed financial year. some entries done in Value entry for related item.
    fpfntifr1old.png

Please help

Warm regards
    Kris
  • Options
    Please suggest
  • Options
    Any help please