Options

Subistute for GETDOTNETTYPE

Hi

I'm trying to use som dotnet stuff in an older nav. I hav acces to the DotNet automation variaables.

A code snippet i found used GETDOTNETTYPE which i don't have in my NAV, så i wonder if you know a workaroound, pressens of a codeunit that can do the trick.

It's not posible for me to upgrade NAV at the moment. Vi har 4 different NAVS of different versions spread out in the organisation.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    edited 2017-05-25 Answer ✓
    Just one remark: if you are running the classic client, it will NEVER work. The .NET datatype can only be used in RTC.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Answers

• Options
    lubostlubost Member Posts: 614
    Can you share your code snippet which contains GETDOTNETTYPE? I think that it is a mismatch, because you said about automation and snippet is probably using NAV DotNET type.
  • Options
    LarsenLarsen Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for replying .

It's me using the wrong terms, it is dotnet.

The NAV I'm working in is ver 2.50 DK runtime upgraded to 2009 R2.

Its this: http://www.waldo.be/2014/12/17/running-powershell-from-nav/

I'm hoping to get up and running, so we can run some powershel scripts from nav.

This is the statement i can't run:
    CodeSnippetCompileUnitArray := CodeSnippetCompileUnitArray.CreateInstance(GETDOTNETTYPE(CodeSnippetCompileUnit),1);

I tried to create the Convert as Convert DotNet 'mscorlib,....... System.Convert to use instead of GETDOTNETTYPE, and hoped it could typecast it..

CodeSnippetCompileUnitArray := CodeSnippetCompileUnitArray.CreateInstance(Convert.GetTypeCode(CodeSnippetCompileUnit),1);

I tried to attach a file, but it keeps saying tha the file is invalid..
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    edited 2017-05-25 Answer ✓
    Just one remark: if you are running the classic client, it will NEVER work. The .NET datatype can only be used in RTC.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!