Options

Job queue execution order

We have a nav2016 instance running job queue - we have written code to place reports to run into the job queue entries with the relevant parameters.

My question is - is there any way to ensure that the reports get processed in the order we insert into the table?

Is there an option to set the number of concurrent processes to run by the job queue to be 1 at a time ?

Many thanks

Answers

• Options
    nick_robbonick_robbo Member Posts: 49
    Hi, is it possible to create a Job Queue which just processes reports? By that I mean have a custom table with the Primary Key - Entry No. You could then insert entries for each report, containing the Report ID and Parameters. You could then just have a Job Queue Entry in this Category which processes these Reports in sequential order? If you get an error, you could save this to the table and either stop the processing or carry on. You could even have a field for the No. of Re-Attempts per Report.

I am not sure if there is a simpler, more standard way of handling this. In 2017 you could set the No. of Concurrent Tasks to 1 on the NST, but in 2016 this option doesn't exist.