Options

Nav 2017 client access help

krishnamkkrishnamk Member Posts: 27
Dear Friends,

Please help me as I am unable to give user access to a desktop for nav 2017

1. Nav 2017 is installed in Server and in the server system I can access both web client and windows client.
2. If we want access the Nav 2017 from different desktop in the network, the gax667v715z5.png
error is coming. I can ping server from desktop.
3. I have also copied ClientUserSettings file in user folder also in related folder in programdata folder.

Please suggest.

Warm regards
Kris

Answers

• Options
    diwakar_ghoshdiwakar_ghosh Member Posts: 11
    Hi Kris,

Instead of IP address give the NAV Server Name. Also check into the event viewer for details. I have one query: whether the user has been created in NAV with proper rights?

Regards,
    Diwakar
  • Options
    Dear Diwakar,

What is this user 'MSSQL$NAVDEMO' in user folder?

Event Viwer is giving this error
    Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: An attempt to login using SQL authentication failed. Server is configured for Windows authentication only. [CLIENT: 192.168.1.142]'

In client system Nav 2017 is client is installed. I have also copied ClientUserSettings file in user folder also in related folder in programdata folder.

Warm regards
    Kris

• Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    You have a developer near, then ask him to log in to Database and navigate to Database-> Information - There you will find server instance, put that over here.

If Server instance is blank, Then you need to open NAV Administration enter all Database related credential correctly, and then re login to NAV.
  • Options
    Thank you

I have done same thing.

Locally, in server I can access the nav 2017 client.
    from another system in the network it is no working
    Please check this error

ey7p0mcl726m.jpg
  • Options
    kalyankandimallakalyankandimalla Member Posts: 56
    Hi Krishna,

Can you please check and see what is the value of ' <add key="ClientServicesCredentialType" />' in clientuser settings file?
  • Options
    <add key="ClientServicesCredentialType" value="Windows" />
  • Options
    kalyankandimallakalyankandimalla Member Posts: 56
    okay.please check if this helps

https://community.dynamics.com/nav/f/34/t/190289
  • Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    If you are able to open it locally in same domain but not in different then please check that Port is open for outer domains.