Trouble posting a payment journal

psupplepsupple Member Posts: 5
We created a check payment journal but cannot post it. Navision assigned the Document Type of "Refund" to all the credit memos. In the past, the Document Type has been "Payment".

The test report shows us this: Warning! Payment xxxxxx is out of balance by $. This warning shows up for each payment that has a credit memo on it.

Can anyone help?!

Thanks~
Pam

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    are you using "Suggest vendor payments"?

did you change the type to "payment" manually & try & post it?

Have any modifications been done since the last time you printed checks?
  • psupplepsupple Member Posts: 5
    Yes, we are using "Suggest Vendor Payments".

We tried switching the Document Type to "Payment" but it won't save the change.

No, we have not made any modifications since the last check run.

I'll be awaiting your reply.

Thanks.
    This sounds like a very strange behavior. I don't want to leave you hanging. Maybe someone else has seen this. Have you tried making the changes on another client pc to narrow doen the problem. If it can be changed on another pc maybe you need to delete the zup file on the problem client.

just to verify - Check 1 line

Bank Payment type: Computer check
    Posting Date: The date
    Document type: Payment
    Account Type: Vendor
    Account No.: vendor No.
    Amount: should be positive amount (not neg) are the credits you're using > than the invoice being paid?
    Bal Account Type: Bank Account
    Bal Account No.: The Bank Code

When you click functions->Apply enties
    is the apply-to ID for the entries you want to pay filled in with a code of some type?
    Harry,

I ended up voiding those checks that contained CM's, posted the remaining checks and then re-entering the voided checks as manual checks. This solved the problem, however, we're still not sure why it happened.

We used the "Suggest Vendor Payments" to test another payment, and it worked fine. The credit memos were noted as Payments, not Refunds. However, we did this on a different PC than the one that built the original batch.

At this point, we're going to see if it happens again and then try and trace to the source of the problem, if needed.

Thanks for your help. I'll keep in mind the comment about the ZUP file, that may be the issue.
    psupple wrote:
    The credit memos were noted as Payments, not Refunds.

why aren't the credit memo's listed as "credit memo"?
    Credit Memo is not an option.
  • rj5570rj5570 Member Posts: 157
    I am having the same problem. Is there a solution? checks have already gone out but cant post.

also, we did a check suggestion, and it set the credit memos as refund for document type. we did not catch that and printed checks. I know I can delete those lines and do them manually, but I rather see if there is a fix.

also, for future check selections, is there a way to prevent credit memo's being marked as refund instead of payment?
    - So it Goes.
    Wow that's a 4yr old post.
    also, for future check selections, is there a way to prevent credit memo's being marked as refund instead of payment?

Try to get in the habit of running the test report before posting. I wonder if it produces a warning message for those lines with a "refund" :-k

We enter checks manually so I can't help you with report setting.
  • rj5570rj5570 Member Posts: 157
    Savatage wrote:
    Wow that's a 4yr old post.

ya, just means that I actually run searches before asking :)

ok solution:

no real solution. If check is already printed. Void that one check in the batch. Go back and change the Document Type to Payment from Refund. Change Bank Payment Type to Manual, and then put in the check number in the Document Number.

This fixes it
    - So it Goes.