Navision 3.70b on w2k terminalserver

tkollertkoller Member Posts: 4
hi

i have big problems to install the navison 3.70b client on a w2k terminalserver. the terminalserver itself works fine.

when i start the nav client setup and the windows installler will be configured, i get the error message "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Script Runtime. "

if i try to install the ISScript8.msi (should be the runtime) i get the error message: "Internal Error 2755.3, <filepath>".

The terminalserver is a W2K member server of a domain with Sp4 installed . installation mode activated...

i hope somebody could help me becouse its really important to fix this problem quickest possible..

thanks for help

greets from austria

Tom Koller

Comments

• IngoRothIngoRoth Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

For Terminal-Server you need a special Setup for MBS-Navsion !

Contact your Dealer !
    Ingo Roth
  • tkollertkoller Member Posts: 4
    hi ingo

thanks for this info...
    but i asked our navision programmer (dealer) if he knew about this problem. and he had no idea..
    so do you know the name for this special setup or is it just "mbs for terminalserver" ?

thanks

greets

Tom
  • tkollertkoller Member Posts: 4
    hi

it is not true , that there is a special version of navision to install it on an terminal server.

if found a workaround on mbs partnersource for nav 3.01b .. it also works for nav 3.70b. (pdf file and bat files)

i cant post the link to the files becouse you would need the password...
    but if anybody have the same problem with installing nav on an w2k terminal server, just contact me by mail and i will send you all the files you need.

greets from sunny graz

Tom
  • craigbarbscraigbarbs Member Posts: 60
    I had a similar issue caused by the Windows installer service being disabled. In order to install Navision I switched it to manual and started it up.
  • fgudeljfgudelj Member Posts: 29
    tkoller

I have the same issue.

I've sent you PM regarding files you've mentioned.

Regards,

Filip.
    Filip Gudelj | Dynamics NAV Consultant | http://bsinsight.wordpress.com/