Options

using provided scripts for navision upgrade

mo_xmo_x Member Posts: 50
Hello,

I'm running a test upgrade, from nav 2013 r2 to 2017. I follow the steps provided by microsoft. There is a section called automating the upgrade process using powershell script. I was curious, and started to look at those scripts, located in DVD media folder. One thing i get confuse is that, in application merge utilities scripts, there is nothing mentioned abut the exporting part. When we upgrade the application code, first step is to export the objects without system tables and so on. But this step is skipped, and all i can see is that they start with compare and merge first. did somebody used the provided scripts to run an upgrade? if so, then which script did you used, and in which order did you execute them?.

Answers

• Options
    navdevelopernavdeveloper Member Posts: 23
    Love automated upgrade!! <3 ..simple, a big time saver. First step is exporting objects from base version and modified version.

You can use 'Export-NAVApplicationObject -DatabaseName DemoDB -DatabaseServer 'NAVDEMO' -ExportTxtSkipUnlicensed -Path 'C:\Upgrade\Modified.txt' -Verbose' script for exporting objects.