Options

TableSync 'move' fails

EvREvR Member Posts: 178
In an updated 2013 (to 2016) database I'm having issues with a table sync upgrade. I've copied the original table to a new temporary table. Removed all code and variables from the new table. All fields are the same and so is the PK (even ran a text compare to confirm).

By my upgrade CU is throwing this error:
Sync-NAVTenant : When the TableSynchSetup.Mode::Move mode is used in an upgrade codeunit for synchronizing a table, the structure of the upgrad
e table must match the original table. The fields and the primary key of the upgrade table must match those in the original table.
The following errors must be fixed:
The definition of the upgrade table 'UPG-Extended Text Line' must match the definition of the old table 'Extended Text Line'.
Upgrade table 'UPG-Extended Text Line' cannot have fields which have a different design in the original table 'Extended Text Line': 'Text'.
At line:1 char:1
[TableSyncSetup] TableSyncSetup(VAR TableSynchSetup : Record "Table Synch. Setup")
DataUpgradeMgt.SetTableSyncSetup(DATABASE::"Extended Text Line",70500,TableSynchSetup.Mode::Move);

Any suggestions?

Answers

• Options
    kalyankandimallakalyankandimalla Member Posts: 56
    Can you please check if all the fields in upgrade table 'UPG-Extended Text Line' have same data types, field length when compared to original table.
  • Options
    EvREvR Member Posts: 178
    edited 2017-04-07
    Yes they are. Like I said, I even ran a text compare of the 2 tables.
  • Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    Hi EvR,

Open your Upgrade table again in the dev environment, and save it with sync mode force.
    Then check your call to SetTableSyncSetup if the two table ID fields are correct.
    Then try again.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Also check if the upg and the original table have the same primary key, and the same field numbers (ids)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog