Options

Navision Permission Problem

danldanl Member Posts: 25
Hi,

I encountered below error message when trying to access some module in Navision. I have made sure that the user has all the permissions it needs to access the module. But the problem still occur. When give the user super role, it has no problem accessing the modules. Any helps will be greatly appreciated.

Env.
Application Server - Window 2003 using Windows Authentication
Database - SQL 2000

Error Message:
"You do not have permission to run the Reoprt List table
Contact the system manager if you need to have your permission changed:

Thanks,
Dan

Comments

• Options
    navifreaknavifreak Member Posts: 7
    Did you try to add table 243 report list to their permissions.
    Steven Morin
  • Options
    The user has permission for the report list table.
    We try export a permission list from a working datebase and imported to the database that has problem. This fixed the problem. The problem is mostly like coming up from permission setup. I will compare the permisson with the working one and find out the cause.

Thank you so much for the help.
  • Options
    koaladokoalado Member Posts: 70
    Hi, have you find out the cause? I encountered a similiar problem "You do not have permission to read the ..... table". The user is Super User and I'm sure I have assign proper rights to him.
  • Options
    ramyavenkatramyavenkat Member Posts: 94
    Hi,

Trace the code unit which is run when this error pops up.
    Go to the code unit in the object designer, select properties, go to permissions row in the properties, select the "report list" table and give appropriate rights...
    i think this would work...

regards,
    ramya
  • Options
    Yes, we resolved the problem. The user was assigned with Role ID "All User" Role as well as other Role ID that are needed by the user.
    We found out that the "All User" Role was missing this Object Type Called "Table". We inerted the new object type "Table", Object ID "0", Object Name "Null", Read Permission "Null", Modify Permission "Null" Delete Permission "Null", Execute Permission "Yes". This fix the issue. Hope this help!
  • Options
    koaladokoalado Member Posts: 70
    Now I encountered a problem "You do not have permission to run the 'Transport Methods' Form. I checked as both of you said. There's a line 'Form/0/null/null/null/yes' in 'All' roles. In the design window, I checked 'permission' in property window, but only find 'table' object.....Really confused. Please help
  • Options
    buraklinalburaklinal Member Posts: 11
    If the user is working under their own licance; and the licance is not generated properly that may be the reason. I have suffered that for more than 6 times and now licance is the first thing I check