Options

Object.ID at runtime....

arnaroarnaro Member Posts: 29
edited 2002-02-26 in Navision Financials
Im new to Navision programming so please bear with me...

Anyways is it possible to catch the object.id for example of a report at run time?

- Arol

Comments

• Options
    wonmowonmo Member Posts: 139
    Yep. Declare a record variable representing the permission table. Using some simple filters on the object name and object type fields, you can determine the object ID.
  • Options
    Hmmm...

That seems to give me another problem in catching the object.name.... in order to find the correct rec in the Objects table or what ?

What I need to do is have the report print its object.id on itself for external reference.

Like I said Im new to Navision so if Im complicating matters please point out to me which way would be the best to go about this...

Regards,
    - Arol
  • Options
    jreynoldsjreynolds Member Posts: 175
    In Attain there is a new report property that contains the object ID: CurrReport.OBJECTID.
  • Options
    Thanks for the pointer, but as most of our customers still use 2.6- that wont work for a while...

Regards
    -Arol
  • Options
    QuasimodoQuasimodo Member Posts: 45
    Hi Arol,

there is a table No 2000000038, which holds all the object-numbers and names. To have a look at, go the the Object Designer, choose Report - new and select the mentioned table and create a report, than you will see the field names and the content of them. Than you can write a little code our even a codeunit, when you need this function in several reports.

Michael

[ 26-02-2002: Message edited by: Quasimodo ]