Navision system tablenames in german

EmiliaMeierEmiliaMeier Member Posts: 6
Hi everybody,

I am trying to upgrade a SQLServer database for our customer from Navision 3.70 to 4.0.
As I wanted to convert the 3.70 database by opening in Navision Client 4.0 an error occured.
"Select ... From "Object" AS O ..." => Invalid Object "Object"....
In the Enterprise Manager I saw that the name of the expected Object is "Objekt". As well all the other Navision tables have been created with german identifiers (Zugriffsrecht, Mitglied von ...). Renaming these objects into english didn't suceed. Then there has been an intern syncronisation problem.
Can anybody tell me what to do in this case?

Thanks,
Emi

Comments

• Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    The table access should alway be done with the "object name" which is always in english and not with the "object caption" in the local language.
    Therefore it should have nothing to do with the object caption.
    Sorry, but I have no solution for your problem at this time.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • EmiliaMeierEmiliaMeier Member Posts: 6
    Hi Timo,

thanks for your answer!
    That's exactly my problem. I only got a Sql-Server backup of our customers database and restored it on our server. Unfortunately the specified tables have all been named with german identifier. As they' re created by the installer of Navision, I have no influence up on the table names. Also SqlServer doesn't differ between name and caption. The upgrade command of the Navision 4.0 Client however expects an english identifier. At all I don't know why these identifiers are german instead of english but strangely the Navison 3.70 Client works fine with the german tablenames.

Emi
  • SaalekSaalek Member Posts: 181
    Hi
    Have you followed all steps in migration documents ??
    We have recently migrated a customer from Navision 2.60 to 4, and we don't have this problems (Here in Spain we had 2.60 tablenames in Spanish and in 4.0 are in English).

Bye
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    If all else fails, you can try this:

Make a Navision-backup and restore it in a native DB. Do the migration in the native DB. Make a Navision-backup and restore it in SQL?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• EmiliaMeierEmiliaMeier Member Posts: 6
    It is very confused, but now I found a solution.
    I copied the table 'objekt' to 'object' (renaming it doesn't help at all) and then rename the column 'Typ' of the new table into 'Type'. After these changes the convertion of the database succeeded properly.
    Thanks for your effort!

Bye,
    Emi
  • dgroeserdgroeser Member Posts: 39
    how you copy the table in sql? can you descripe the solution?