Options

Keyboard languages changes while starting Dynamics NAV

mjcmjc Member Posts: 4
When I start the Dyanamics Windows Client my keyboard language changes from NLD to ENG.
Does anyone know how I can prevent that?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    edited 2017-02-20
    I am not aware of any setting that would do this. I suspect, you (propably accidentally) switched the keyboard layout for the application you start your NAV client from (e.g. Windows Explorer / Desktop).
    The easiest way to get back to a known good state is to log off from your Windows session, and back on.
  • Options
    mjcmjc Member Posts: 4
    By all other applications it's not a problem. Only when I start Dynamics NAV (with the Dutch language module). It's not a local problem on my computer or in our domain. Every Dutch Dynamics NAV user I know has this problem.
  • Options
    Jan_VeenendaalJan_Veenendaal Member Posts: 206
    edited 2017-02-27
    I have the same issue, and so far no clue how to prevent this.

Edit: I will keep trying to find an answer. Will update this post if I have more information.
    Jan Veenendaal
  • Options
    I have opened a product suggestion at the NAV product team on the 'Connect' website; asking to prevent the automatic language change.

If you too find this behaviour annoying, please vote for this suggestion, here: https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions/feedback/details/3129236
    Jan Veenendaal
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    I have opened a product suggestion at the NAV product team on the 'Connect' website; asking to prevent the automatic language change.

If you too find this behaviour annoying, please vote for this suggestion, here: https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions/feedback/details/3129236

Link does not work. I see "page not found"
  • Options
    @mdPartnerNL Sorry about that. The Connect site requires registration first, and admittance to the Dynamics NAV suggestions program. I'm not sure about Microsoft's policy for admitting people to the program.
    I was under the impression at first that this part of Connect was a public site.

So: IF you are admitted to the Dynamics NAV suggestions program on Connect, then the link will work.
    :'(
    Jan Veenendaal
  • Options
    fredopklapbedfredopklapbed Member Posts: 1
    Hi Jan, do you have any update regarding the language change?
  • Options
    HahegHaheg Member Posts: 2
    Jan, the Microsoft Connect site has been retired. It's now Microsoft Collaborate but I can't find the suggestion anymore.