Options

ShowMandatory Property set during runtime?

HannesHolstHannesHolst Member Posts: 119
Hi all,

I stumbled over this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz14EEZo15Y

In this video you can see, that the ShowMandatory-property is set during runtime.
My question is, how?

I'm fairly new to Events in NAV but as far as I saw, you are not able to modify properties of a page in a Subscriber-function.
Then, the solution is to export the object, modify the code and import again in background?

Cheers,
Hannes

Answers

• Options
    vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi,

I think they developed a ControlAddIn n other words a .NET Dll, that is linked in the page and does this.

For that reason you have to buy the ControlAddIn from these guys to get this functionality or you can develop in Visual studio your own ControlAddIn that does this .
    This is simple functionality so it should not be too difficult.

I hope this helps.

• Options
    HannesHolstHannesHolst Member Posts: 119
    The vendor states that no standard objects must be changed. So I doubt it's done by using a .NET-object.

But thanks anyway.

Cheers,
    Hannes
  • Options
    guidorobbenguidorobben Member Posts: 157
    Just use a boolean. Just like you do with Visible/Enabled.
  • Options
    vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi

guidorobben is right you can do it by using a boolean variable in "Show mandatory" property but this would imply that you need to change the page.

The only way to do this without changing the page is to use a .NET dll, I do not know how else. (or it might be that the video is misleading or the developer meant something different )