Options

Creating charts using Chart Buffer?

TiwazTiwaz Member Posts: 98
edited 2017-02-08 in NAV Three Tier
Hello experts. I could really use a bit of help.
I've searched the web throughout and still I cannot find any useful information about creating charts and I have a client wanting them on their pages.
I am aware that you can make charts simply by choosing axes on every list page, by using Generic Charts page or by using Business Chart tables. I need further info regarding the latter.
If someone could be kind enough to help me out with some explanations about creating the pages to hold charts since this explanation https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh169415(v=nav.90).aspx is not sufficient to me.
THANKS

Answers

• Options
    vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi,

Well in a nutshell, if you want to use Chart Buffer to create more sophisticated Charts e.g. timeline, then you have to create all these codeunits explained in the link to make it work.
    In other words, you write code that creates e.g. sums amounts that you want to show, writes it into the Chart Buffer table (temporary), and then you use chart ControlAddin to show the data with e.g. timeline.
    Normal chart does not provide this additional functionality as it was not designed to do it.
    This can only be achieved with additional code.

I hope this helps.