Navision BACS Module

gjvk70gjvk70 Member Posts: 60
edited 2005-07-11 in Navision Financials
Recently our company started a susidiary company in the UK. We are going to use Navision 2.6 for this company.
I have received the license file and am using the Cronus demo database for the implementation. However in this database the BACS module is missing.

I've tried to obtain the BACS-objects through our Dutch dealer, but haven't received them yet. Could anyone tell me if these objects are available for download somewhere and does anyone have a manual available for this module?

Most important is whether this module contains journals for bank and cash, if not I will have to set them up as a general journal.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Gerard
Gerard van Kuijl - United - http://www.united4all.nl

Comments

• Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
    Hello,

The BACS module is a UK localisation feature and your UK subsiduary will need to get the GB version of Navision - Please make sure that the copy of Navision you have is the GB edition. Please also note that BACS was not available in Navision until GB3.01, so you will have to undertake the implementation in a 3.XX edition or later.

Prior to the release of 3.01, a number of UK resellers, including ourselves, developed BACS modules for clients who required it. If you must implement Navision 2.60 (Which is now six years old) and is nearing its end of life, you could purchase these mods (Subject to your Dutch dealership being happy to co-operate) from a UK reseller.

The UK BACS granule itself is straightforward and very similar to the Cheque functionality. BACS entries are created instead of cheques and an output file instead of a cheque. BACS journals are just performed by the Payment Journal, like a cheque.

Hope this is of help!
    Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
    Theta
  • gjvk70gjvk70 Member Posts: 60
    Dear Edward,

First of all, thank you very much for your reply.

As you stated, I am using a localised version of Navision (not only client, but database also). I am also aware of the fact 2.6 is a very old version. Because the holding company is using this version, it will be implemented also in the UK. An upgrade to 4.xx is planned for late this year/early 2006.

I am supprised to hear, BACS is not available for this version of Navision. Too bad I was not told by our dealer.
    Is it possible you send me some documentation and pricing-information on your BACS-module?

Best regards,
    Gerard
    Gerard van Kuijl - United - http://www.united4all.nl