"The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Application Server session for tenant 'default' has failed" NAV 2017

Eboy82Eboy82 Member Posts: 25
Hi,

I was looking over the event log, and I noticed that I can't seem to get rid of this message and it repeates it self each 30 seconds.

Does anyone have an idea how to stop this message appearing in NAV 2017 ?

Server instance: DynamicsNAV100INSNAS
Tenant: <ii>default</ii>
<ii>The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Application Server session for tenant 'default' has failed and will be restarted in 30 seconds. Reason: Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.Exceptions.NavNCLNotSupportedTypeException
SuppressMessage: False
SuppressExceptionCreatedEvent: False
FatalityScope: None
Message: <ii>The type Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.DataError is unknown.</ii>
StackTrace:
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavNclTypeHelper.GetNclTypeFromType(Type type, Boolean forDotNet)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavApplicationMethod.ConvertClrTypesToMethodParameterTypes(Object parent, Object[] args, Boolean[] argsFromJson, Int32 argsCount, ParameterInfo[] parameters)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavApplicationMethod.FindMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args, ParameterInfo[]& parameters)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavApplicationMethod.InvokeMethod(ITreeObject obj, String methodName, Object[] args)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavCodeunit.InvokeRun(Int32 objectId, Object[] args)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.SessionTransactionManager.TransactionScope(Action code)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavApplicationServer.<RunOnceAsync>d__10.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavApplicationServer.<StartAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Ncl
HResult: -2146233088
</ii>

Answers

• rehansattirehansatti Member Posts: 36
    Hi Eboy82,
    I think you have installed the different version of NAV. They are using same ports. Thats-why they have conflict. NAV service tier is trying to run they multiple services on the same ports which might be causing the conflict. Try to check the running services.e1sjv24qdmym.png
    Best Regards
    Rehan Satti
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Technical Consultant
    Please verify the answer if it satisfy your question. This will help other members of community.
  • Eboy82Eboy82 Member Posts: 25
    I have two instances of NAV 2017 running, one for users, and one for the NAS. There is no overlap in port numbers of either of the different service ports sadly. I will double check though.
  • MauritsioMauritsio Member Posts: 27
    Hi,

I'm getting the same error like @rehansatti has described. Is there any solution to get rid of an error?

Thanks!
  • Hello, does anyone have found somenthing about this error? We get the same message in NAV 2018 CU15, and only justbon one server where job queue service is executed

Thanks
  • misteredmistered Member Posts: 1
    The reason is a wrong NAS configuration in the NST instance. You have entered the "JOBQUEUE" in the NAS configuration. This is an invalid data type, hence the error message (the NAS tries to load "JOBQUEUE" every 30 seconds).

Background: In previous versions the "JobQueue" (task queue) ran via a NAS service. In your NAV version, there is a dedicated "Task Scheduler" sub-service in the NAV instance instead. This "sub" service controls the task queue in the database.