Options

"Consistent" problem

bobyboby Member Posts: 78
Hello,
I'm just experiencing an error that forced me to restore a backup of my database. The error says, when I validate an invoice, " The transaction cannot be completed because it will cause inconsistencies in the G/L Entry table. Check and how the CONSISTENT funtion is used in the transaction to find the reason for the error. Contact your system manager if you need assistance. Part of the program mark table as inconsistent during very comprehensive task, such as posting. This prevent data from being updated incorrectly."

Any idea to repair this???
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    andreofandreof Member Posts: 133
    First of all, wy did you have to restore a backup???

You are trying to post a document that will create unbalanced lines in table 17 GLEntry.

IF you want to see what you are posting you can comment the consistent function in CU 12, and the posting will go till the end.

PS: this will create inconsistent lines in your database, you should only do this in a test database
    Andre Fidalgo
    My world: Dynamics NAV,SQL and .NET

CEO at Solving Dynamics
    http://www.solvingdynamics.com
  • Options
    Thank you for your answer
    I did a restore because I was stuck in this error trap, it became impossible to post new order/sales..

Do you have an idea for repairing this inconstanceny? Indeed, I'm working with a database in production, not a test one... :?
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    edited 2005-07-11
    We had that message a few times. It was due to the fact our cost were going out to far somtimes and rounds to a half a cent (or so):

For example the cost on a sales order for an item was $8.05992

I changed the cost to 8.06 manually and it posted fine.

Other:

Product: Navision
    Versions: 3.10A, 3.10B, 3.6, 3.7
    Modules: Purchases and Payables, Sales & Receivables, Sales Tax

Issue

Several reports of inconsistency errors on Sales and Purchase Invoice posting have occurred when dealing with Sales Taxes in 3.60.

In all of the cases, the problem is with a penny rounding issue related to taxes. The lingering rounding issue would result in the G/L Entry posting not balancing to zero by a penny. Therefore, an inconsistency error is generated.

Potential Causes

In the majority of reported cases, the issue involved a Sales Order with Sales Tax included. The Sales Order Lines include several positive line and then a separate negative line is entered for some type of discount. A separate negative line is being used instead of a Line Discount. The system can run into rounding problems because the system was not designed to handle a rounding process that deals with negative and positives lines.

A second issue has occurred in Canada where a mix of Expense/Capitalize and non-Expense/Capitalize tax lines exist on the Purchase Order. The same steps apply to purchase transactions as provided below for sales transactions involving sales tax.

Workaround

The following workaround in 3.60 can be used until Development comes up with a more permanent fix.

To resolve this issue, use the following steps:

1. Go into S&R Setup and check the box for Allow Tax Difference.

2. Go into G/L, Setup, G/L Setup on the Application Tab and enter any small decimal (.01, .05 or .10) for the Max. Tax Difference Amount.

3. Go back to the SO and select F9 statistics and go to the Invoicing Tab.

4. Manually change a line that may be at a half-cent. This is normally the problem line.

5. You should now be able to release the Order and post the Invoice.

Any time you are dealing with a mix of negative and positive lines on a Sales Order, there is a possibility that you will need to follow the above steps to deal with the rounding issues that have not been completely resolved
  • Options
    Thank you for your answers!!