$ndo$taskscheduling does not get created when database is restored from native backup in 2017

Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
Hi All,

I've had to move 2017 database from SQL2016 to SQL2012. I used
Export-NAVData -AllCompanies -IncludeGlobalData -IncludeApplicationData –IncludeApplication  -ServerInstance ...
to create navdata file, then I created an empty database using SSMS, and then restored the navdata file using
Import-NAVData  -AllCompanies -IncludeGlobalData -IncludeApplicationData –IncludeApplication -DatabaseName ... -DatabaseServer ...

After configuring and starting new NST service I've noticed lots of errors in Event Viewer, complaining about $ndo$taskscheduling. A short investigation revealed that $ndo$taskscheduling table is missing in newly restored database. After scripting the table from the source database and creating it from SSMS in new database no new errors have been inserted into the event log.

Am I doing something wrong ? Or this is a bug in Import-NAVData and/or Export-NAVData cmdlets?

Just a note - after restoring navdata backup and starting new NST instance I was able to use newly restored database without visible problems. Missing $ndo$taskscheduling seemed not to affect any functionality - although I haven't tried Job Queue, which I suppose would be affected.

Thanks,
Slawek

Slawek Guzek
Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03

Comments

• nhsejthnhsejth Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 34
    Hi, You did not do anything wrong, The $ndo$taskscheduling table did not get recreated when the data was restored. This is fixed and included in the last CU. The missing table will impact the task scheduler operations, but not anything else.

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • nhsejthnhsejth Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 34
    Correction, will be in the next CU for NAV 2017.

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Unfortunately this thing affects also il Publish-NAVApp : Could not find the $ndo$taskscheduling table. It happens during extension publishing