Options

Picking Value from a Form

toshitaporitoshitapori Member Posts: 52
The problem is i need to pick data from a form .user will enter it on the run time .This form doesn not have any table .On the basis of data entered on the form i need to do some things .how can i pick the value entered on the form .

regards,
toshitapori

Comments

• Options
    HalMdyHalMdy Member Posts: 429
    - Create a global variable of the type of the data you want to enter
    - create a field on the Form and give the variable as Source.

--> You can work on the data in every trigger you want (depending of real functionality you want) by using the global variable.

Hope that help ...
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    As inspiration you can use the Item Tracking Line form which is based on virtual table but is creating and using real reservation entries...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    toshitaporitoshitapori Member Posts: 52
    Thankyou Kine and Halmady ,
    I know that bit .The problem is i am running this form from a posting codeunit and then user enters some value on the form which does not have any table and then i want to do some processing on the value enterd by the user on the form in the codeunit .How can i do that

Thanking You
    Toshitapori
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you use temp. table, you can retrieve the records through some function on the form. Try to look for more info about temporary tables, doing reports with temporary tables (it is very similar to the form) and passing parameters (values) between objects...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    am running this form from a posting codeunit and then user enters
    Calling forms which expect user entries during posting can block the whole system for all other users who want to post as well until the entry has taken place.
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
    Kai Kowalewski