Options

session killer

sciriusscirius Member Posts: 4
edited 2003-07-16 in Navision Financials
i`ve downloaded the session killer fob for SQL NF but it´s not useful in a non SQL NF. I would like to know if it is possible to 'kill' more than 15 minutes inactive sessions if you are not usig SQL NF

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
    Hello,

This is a much requested feature, but at present I am not aware of anything available to do this for a native Navision Financials/Attain database, other than stopping & re-starting the service on the server.

I don't believe that it is possible to code something in C/SIDE to do it either - the SQL session killer works because it uses features in SQL, wich cannot be utilised in C/SIDE (I believe...).

Hopefully Navision might include it in later versions - I would suggest that you pass this on as a future request to your NSC to refer to Navision for future versions. If enough people ask, Navsion may provide it!
    Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
    Theta
  • Options
    sciriusscirius Member Posts: 4
    thanks a lot anyway, because i did not even know if that could be possible.

I will send this problem to my NSC and let's see what could be done.
  • Options
    aohlfsenaohlfsen Member Posts: 30
    Have you looked at client control from www.expandit.com
  • Options
    ChrisChris Member Posts: 7
    You can try following:

Put the file KILL.exe (windows-program) on your PC.

With the command SHELL('c:\KILL.exe','fin.exe') you can end a seccion in Navision.(This works only on windows 2000 and higher).

Regards.
  • Options
    GoMaDGoMaD Member Posts: 313
    the kill.exe 'kills' the process on your PC.

But it doesn't 'kill' the session on your Navision Server. This remains open.

Greetings
    Now, let's see what we can see.
    Everybody on-line.
    Looking good!