Options

Serialized Items on Item Journal by code

ClaudioPereiraClaudioPereira Member Posts: 38
Hi,

I'm creating and posting a Item Journal by code, when i try post the item journal line with the field "Serial No." filled it gives me an error saying Tracking Specification is missing.

What i would like is to be able to create Item Journals with serial number information, all using code.

Thanks in advance for any help/

Comments

• Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    The item needs a item tracking code which allows the use of serial nos.,
    for this you have to setup the usage of serial nos. in inbound and outbound items in the item tracking code card first.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    ClaudioPereiraClaudioPereira Member Posts: 38
    The Item is properly configured and i can use serial numbers if doing a Item Jornal the normal way, it's when i try to do it by code that i cannot.
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    The tracking specification table needs the serial no. too, check the manual inserts and setup the records likewise before posting.
    The serial nos. are transferred from this table to the item journal line during the posting.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    NaveenReddyNaveenReddy Member Posts: 53
    Guys,
    I manually type the serial number on the job journal, But still its gives me error"serial number has to be filled". I guess we can't use serialized numbers on job journal.

Naveen
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It seems, that Job journal have no tool for creating apropriate reservation entries... (the tracking entries)... There is no menu item "Item tracking lines" for it under "Line" menu button - the posting routine have no info for serial no. (I looked into 4.00 version)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.