Options

Item List form with Picture

ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
Hi all,

I have put a PictureBox on the Item List form (on the right) and placed a CALCFIELDS(Picture) on the OnAfterGetRecord trigger.

Everytime I try to leave an item with a its picture displayed I get a message like "item cannot be modified the on this form".

I can't understand why the form thinks I have changed the Item.

Any resolution on displaying the Picture on the Item List?

Comments

• Options
    Tim81Tim81 Member Posts: 68
    Sorry, but if you made everything as you say it would work. I made the same to check it and it works without any problems.

1.) Put a picture box on the Item list form.
    2.) CALCFIELDS(Picture); at OnAfterGetRecord Trigger.

Thats it.

I guess, you made another change, that generates this error. So tell us, what you did in addition.
  • Options
    Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply, no other changes on the form, I have put the picturebox either inside the grid or outside of it and added a CALCFIELDS on the aftergetrecord and the form thinks that I have changed the record when I browse thru some records with pictures...

:shock: :shock: Wow... After closer consideration, I have used for test a few pictures from the windows directory, when the image has resolution 95 dpi (like the Blue Lace 16.bmp or the Gone Fishing.bmp) the error occurs, If I use other pictures that have 71 dpi it works fine!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Have you ever seen something like that before????

Please try and import those pictures and tell me what you think cause I can't believe it...
  • Options
    Tim81Tim81 Member Posts: 68
    Hi,

you're right. If I import these pictures, the error occures. And I've never seen this error before.

I guess, this is an error from the application so you can nothing do, but change the resolution of the pictures.
  • Options
    Thanks alot for verifing the issue Tim, I thought I was going crazy!!!!!

I will post it to MBS...