Options

RDLC Report: Subtotal problem. Comment lines carrying / not carrying values from sales line (parent)

mtlmonkmtlmonk Member Posts: 48
edited 2016-10-31 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I've got 2 reports which should be behaving the same. Can't find the difference.

I've got the sales confirmation and sales quote reports that should be behaving for the subtotal.

I have the subtotal field summing up a variable AmountExclVAT from the sales line dataitem and displaying that in the footer.

Problem is that on one of the report, the AmountExclVAT seems to be populated on the sales line comment so it will re-add the sales line amount by the number of comments that line has, therefore screwing the subtotal value.

I compared the NAV code and both are the same. Believe issue is from VS. Both got 2 levels of grouping + detail: sales header No. + Copy No., SL line no. and comment details.

Any idea?

Answers

• Options
    kabrocokabroco Member Posts: 111
    Check the indentation of the dataitems?
  • Options
    KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    Difficult to identify the actual problem without having access to the 2 reports but you could implement a bit of a hack... in the comment line dataitem you can set the AmountExclVAT to 0.
  • Options
    mtlmonkmtlmonk Member Posts: 48
    Kishorm wrote: »
    Difficult to identify the actual problem without having access to the 2 reports but you could implement a bit of a hack... in the comment line dataitem you can set the AmountExclVAT to 0.

I tried that and it resets the value to 0 even on the sales lines (parent dataitem), leaving the sum(amountexclvat) value to = 0.

Instead of wasting too much time on this, what I did was basically change how the footer subtotal/discount/tax/grand total fields were picking up the values. I copied how it was done on the sales invoice.