Options

NAV2016: When you modify a table/page the users get an error.

KraverKraver Member Posts: 17
Hey,

I am used to work with NAV2015 and I liked the fact that I could do small updates on the Live server without interfering with the customers daily work. They can just continue and when they re-open the page they have the newest version.

Now I'm implementing some custom code in NAV2016 and even in my DEV database I constantly get harassed by the message "The defenition of the %1 Table has changed. Start your activity again".
It's really annoying and slows my development.

Does anyone know how to disable this dreadfull functionality?

In b4: "Don't do adjustments in the live database": it's also anoying when developing on the DEV database :)

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    do you have any webservice session running in background? probably it is still working on the old version.
  • Options
    Hey,

thank you for the swift reply, no we do not have a webservice running in the background.
  • Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    I too have faced this around couple of months before and I restarted the Server Instance and it worked for me.
  • Options
    That did not fix it. But I think I didn't explain it properly.

It's not that I keep getting the message and that I can't open the page anymore; once I get the error the page closes and I can re-open no problem. Let me explain by this example 2015 vs 2016.

-RTC is open on Sales List and a Sales Order Page is open.
    -I adjust some code in a function in the Sales Header table and I save
    -I can just continue my work on the Sales Order page but it does not have the new code active that I've just written. (No problem, workign as intended)
    -So I Re-Open the page and now my new code is active and I can test it. (Great!)

-RTC is open on Sales List and a Sales Order Page is open.
    -I adjust some code in a function in the Sales Header table and I save
    -I go back to the Sales Order Page and I immediately get the above described error. The page Closes.
    -I'm back at the Sales List and try to re-open the order so I can test my newly written code. I get the same error and I'm forced to re-open the sales list!

Hope this made it more clear :)