Options

Failed to save changes to table with Synchronise schema option "Now - with validation"

I got an error "Unable to process table changes" when I tried to save a change to my table definition in Microsoft Dynamic NAV 2016 Development Environment.

Save screen
grcog9xh6msh.png

Error Screen
a4o0ennqlwmr.png

I have a two-tier setup for running Microsoft Dynamic NAV 2016:

Machine 1 (Windows 2012 VM running on my local machine with host only network adaptor):
  • Windows Authentication
  • Microsoft Dynamic NAV 2016 server
  • MS SQL 2014 server

Machine 2 (My local machine):
  • In AD Domain
  • Microsoft Dynamic NAV 2016 Client
  • Microsoft Dynamic NAV 2016 Development Environment

I am very sure that all the firewall is turned off and everything is running correctly. My NAV development environment on my machine 2 is able to connect to the database server using Database Server Authentication.

Once I got the error, I went back to my machine 1 and check the event log. It shows following error message:

wa7d3i9ki713.png

Does anyone have any clue on this error?

Answers

• Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi @cecil.chen@live.com ,

Try These Steps -
    1. Check that your user id is set as db_owner in SQL Database.
    2. Run Developer Environment as administrator.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    saravanans87saravanans87 Member Posts: 36
    Check the Permissions for Service Account if you are using and also look for NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE if you are using network service.
    Software Developer,
    Archerpoint India Pvt. Ltd,Chennai.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply.

The user on database was set up correctly.

I installed a NAV development environment on Machine 1. I had no problem on saving any change of the tables.

The problem just happened from the NAV development environment running on Machine2. :'(
  • Options
    rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    This message also appears when your change of the table could result in a loss of data. For example, if you changed the length of a field from 50 to 30, you will lose data. Or if you remove a field. NAV requires you to either build some code that "handles" the change, or use the "Force" option (use with caution!).

Can you describe what change to the table you did? Perhaps that will explain it.

Ron
    Ron