Creating a new company in navision

jksjks Member Posts: 277
Hello,

I have created one database in navision. That database is empty(no company is created) . I want to transfer one company in this database( from another database) with all form and table.

How can i do that?

Please help.

Comments

• JanVJanV Member Posts: 34
    You could make a Backup of the company you wish to import on the old database, then just import it on the new one, finished.
  • jksjks Member Posts: 277
    I took the backup of the company.

I opened the database to which i want to import that company, but no import option was there.

Then i tried out restore option. But with that i am able to transfer only tables and not forms, codeunit etc. Even options are not there in navigation pane.

Please help.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    When you are creating backup, you must include objects too...

If you are restoring, you must check, that you restore the objects too...

If you have backup only the company, you can export all objects into .fob file and import them into your new database (because now you cannot restore objects from backup if you restored the company yet) - restoring objects from backup is available only for new clear database...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • HalMdyHalMdy Member Posts: 429
    All objects definitions are saved in the backup, so, with the Restore you will have back your Table structures, Forms ... . See if the Option "Application Objects" is checked ...

For information, Import-Export fct is only for object definition updates, they don't take care of datas ... And usually you use it to manage some changes you made in the application (bug fixing, hotfix, nex functionality ...)
  • JanVJanV Member Posts: 34
    Which options did you set befor exporting the backup? You have to activate the checkboxes for user defined backup and for application-objects. This should work.
  • HalMdyHalMdy Member Posts: 429
    Kine --> too "speedy" for me !! =D>
    Hi all,

I took the backup by enabling 'Application Object' option. But when i try to restore it Application Object checkbox is disabled and unchecked.

Thanks for any help.

Do i need to take the backup of entire database?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It is disabled, because you have something in your DB yet. You must create new empty DB to be able to restore backup with objects...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    It worked.

Thanks.
  • myjpklmyjpkl Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    My company are holding, we have couple of companies book in one database.
    And now that my company acquire another company, we would like to add that company into our navision.
    Since all the things are similar except document numbering.
    Is there a faster one to do this? perhaps like duplicate another company obj/table/report/etc over?