Options

Invoice approval for payment

SABELASABELA Member Posts: 26
Hi,

Assuming a business has got 100's of invoices, and the ones which are to be processed for payments are marked and approved. is therese a workflow or something similar which may be used for this approval process? I'm using NAV2016

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    SowkarthikaSowkarthika Member Posts: 102
    Workflow template is available for purchase invoice in NAV2016. You can check the link https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd338778(v=nav.90).aspx to know how to setup Purchase workflow.
  • Options
    How does it related to a sales payment?
  • Options
    ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    You can check the existing templates in workflow and adopt them to your requirement. Payments are posted from journals and you can use General Journal Batch Approval Workflow or General Journal Line Approval Workflow templates for this purpose.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • Options
    The issue is that rather than point out the invoices which may be paid out, the workflow work the other way round, where the payment journal would be approved. i was hoping that it could be worked out by FIRST pointing out the invoices which are to be paid out and proceed to the journals creation.
  • Options
    KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    You can achieve a simple version of this with a very small code change..

1) Change purchase posting code so that when posting invoices the Vendor Ledger Entry record automatically sets the "On Hold" field to something

2) Whoever does the authorisation goes to the Vendor Ledger Entries, filters on entries with the "On Hold" field set and clears them on the ones which are OK to be paid

The "Suggest Vendor Payment" batch job only looks at Vendor Ledger Entry records where the "On Hold" field is blank.
  • Options
    aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    The Purchase Invoice Workflow works the opposite way. I'm not fully sure I understand your question, but it might help. In this case, when a Purchase Invoice is released, it automatically gets posted, creates a payment journal entry in the appropriate Journal and Batch, and sends a notification to a user that it has been done.

At that point someone could go to the payment journal and delete the lines for the invoices that should NOT be paid.
  • Options
    Kishorm , Good idea, I like it.