Options

Change password

T222T222 Member Posts: 63
Hi, I have Nav 2015 and i try to change passwords through User but it doesnt keep the new password I'm entering.
I use Windows User. Do I have to change it from Windows as well to keep it or the problem is something else?

Answers

• Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    edited 2016-09-19
    Hey T22,

Are you using or willing to use credential type as Windows Or NavUserPassword??
  • Options
    Hi RockwithNav,
    I have credential Windows user
  • Options
    If Credential type is USER then which password have you changed and whats the behavior your are expecting. if you might be using credential type as NavUserPassword then while opening RTC Client you need to enter the login password to have control on the RTC client but when your credential type is Windows you dont need to enter any Password.

let me know if Misunderstood something.
  • Options
    Its Windows user and in order to connect i provide username and password.
    However when on the user card when i choose this user i'm trying to connect its a Windows user.
    . Sorry i didn't mentioned that Navision is on Cloud.
  • Options
    Hey T22,

This is what am trying to figure out, If its windows credential then why its asking for login password.

Tell me one thing if its on Cloud then how you use to open NAV by taking Remote desktop of the cloud or via One Click Installer?
  • Options
    PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
    edited 2016-09-21
    If the account is a windows user, passwords are set through Active Directory, and cannot be changed through NAV. Why you need to enter your username and password is because the setting "ClientServicesCredentialType" in the ClientUsersettings.config file is set to UserName. With this option, it is possible to use an other domain account than what you're logged in with your computer.