Options

WebClient on multiple NAV 2016 builds, error "The client version does not match the server version"

toLLtotoLLto Member Posts: 34
edited 2016-09-16 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I've one Server running 4 NAV 2016 Server Instances CU02 build 43897. This week we have updated 2 of this instances to CU09 (46290). So now we have 2 instances on 43897 and 2 on 46290. Everything is working fine except of WebClient. In both CU09 instances we copied all new binaries in the WebClient folder. CU02 instances have old WebClient binaries. But when I try to connect from WebClient to any CU09 instance I get an error:

"The client version does not match the server version. You can only connect to a server with a matching version. Client version: 9.0.43897.0. Server version: 9.0.46290.0"

When I connect to CU02 instance WebClient is working fine.

Does anybody know from where NAV takes the Web-Client version? I double checked my CU09 WebClient folder - all binaries are up-to-date.

Answers

• Options
    soetiesoetie Member Posts: 61
    Hi,

when you start the administration tool of nav do you see the correct version. Also in Program files folders are folders with webclient you have to make sure that you have overwritten the files with the new one.
    Maybe iis reset to make sure everything is loaded correctly

• Options
    It's like this. In Administration I see two instances on 43897 and other two on 46290. RTC runs without any errors. I copied all files from CU09DVD\webClient into my CU09 instances and then corrected the instanceweb.config. IISRESET didn't helped.
  • Options
    It's really strange. Today for test I copied CU09 WebClient to all my instances, also CU02. I restarted all services and iis. Now all CU09 WebClients started to work, but for CU02 as expected I get an error that the client is newer than the service instance. Then I again copied CU02 binaries to my CU02 instances. So actually now I've the same situation as yesterday. But now the CU09 WebClients are working and CU02 still now, it still says that the client is newer. I really don't know from where NAV is taking the WebClient version.