DLL Hell

CyberghostCyberghost Member Posts: 46
Hi

I've created a C# DLL on my own pc (VM to be accurate) which has a simple drag and drop function in it. I've added this to a page in NAV and it works perfectly.

Now the problem. When I try to use this DLL on a different server, the page does not compile. It does not seem to be able to understand the DLL, even to the point of not being able to drill now into the command using F5.

I have put the DLL in both the server and the rtc Addins folder. I have also added the details to the Control Add Ins page of NAV.

Any help or pointing to the right direction would be appreciated!

TIA

Chris
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes

"God and developers are in a constant battle. Developments to make their applications more idiot-proof, and God to produce bigger idiots!"

Best Answer

Answers

• kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    Is this a DotNet control, or COM?
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint
  • CyberghostCyberghost Member Posts: 46
    DotNet. I'm working with NAV 2016
    "When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes

"God and developers are in a constant battle. Developments to make their applications more idiot-proof, and God to produce bigger idiots!"
  • archer89archer89 Member Posts: 337
    Check file properties. Is it blocked?
    Does it reference additional dlls, others thank standard dotnet dlls which are loaded in gac?
    Develope another simple dll. Check If that works correctly on other systems.
    Is the same .net version installed on both systems?
    best regards
    Franz Kalchmair, MVP
    Alias: Jonathan Archer

please like / agree / verify my answer, if it was helpful for you. thx.
    Blog: http://moxie4nav.wordpress.com/
  • kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    When you declared the DotNet variable in your page, did you tell it to run on the client or on the NST?

If it's on the NST, then make sure the NST Service Account (might be an active directory account, might be NETWORK SERVICE) has read access to the Add-Ins directory where the DLL is located.

If it's on the client, then make sure the user's account has read access to the Add-ins directory.

And the last thought I have is that Visual Studio probably did something to register the DotNet control on your machine, and that step hasn't happened on the NST (or other client machines). You may need to use REGASM on it to get it registered.
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint
  • krishnamkkrishnamk Member Posts: 27
    will you share the DLL with us please.....