Options

Item Discount Groups, Sales Line Discounts and UOM

muziclovermuziclover Member Posts: 65
edited 2016-09-14 in NAV Three Tier
To implement tier pricing, we have set up a large number of Item Discount Groups and assigned them to their respective items.

The items are set up with a Base UOM of "PCS", however, they are sold in rolls ("RL"); so the tier pricing needs to be set up in UOM = RL. The amount/roll varies based upon the item.

To finish the tier pricing set up, here is how we set it up:

1. Go to Sales Line Discounts table and add the following line:
2. Sales Type Filter = All Customers
3. Type = Item Disc. Group
4. Code = IDG Code
5. Unit of Measure Code = RL
6. Minimum Qty
7. Line Discount %
8. Starting Date
(Repeat steps for each new minimum quantity or "tier")

Next, we entered a sales quote for one of the items to test the new set up and discovered that no matter what quantity we enter, the Line Discount % field is not populating.

We went back to the set up, blanked out the UOM and tested again. This time, we got a Line Discount %, but it was wrong and didn't correlate to rolls correctly.
(Note: I tested this on both our database and a 2016 Cronus database ....... same result.)

Finally, we changed the pricing to "PCS" (the Base UOM) and entered the quote in "PCS"; the Line Discount % field populated correctly.

Based upon my explanation, what is the easiest way to get the Line Discount % fields to populate using "RL"? We have too many items to change the Base UOM on, so that is not a viable option.

Thank you.

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    As mentioned, I'm getting the same result testing in a 2016 Cronus database, so it does not appear to be customization-related.

Can anyone else get quantity break line discounts to work with a non-Base UOM?

Thanks.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    As mentioned, I'm getting the same result testing in a 2016 Cronus database, so it does not appear to be customization-related.

Can anyone else get quantity break line discounts to work with a non-Base UOM?

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited 2016-09-14
    Kishorm wrote: »
    It looks like you are setting the discounts up correctly, the only thing I can think of is that your sales quantity does not meet the minimum qty setup in your sales line discounts - remember this qty will be in rolls when your uom is RL.

The quantity breaks were as follows:

10 RL 5%
    20 RL 10%

The Sales UOM for these items is "RL".

We entered the quote with a line for (1), (10) and (20) rolls. No line discounts appeared in the lines for (10) or (20) but should have.

I have worked with NAV a long time, but I have never seen this before. I searched through online documents to see if this was a known issue. It just seems odd that we can create multiple UOMs for an item but we cannot discount by more than the Base UOM.

I should also mention, "ALL" discounts are enabled in the Sales & Receivables setup. And as I stated in my original post, if we change the Line Disc. % set up to "PCS" (which is the Base UOM), the line discount % field populates on the sales line.