Options

Dataupgrade error 2013R2 to 2016 CU2

MaWMaW Member Posts: 74
Hi,

We run a multitenant setup on NAV 2013R2 and are now in the process of upgrading. At first we will only upgrade to 2016 CU2. We run the Danish DK version of NAV.

When I try to upgrade tenant, I get error when running the dataupgrade. Error is:
SessionId : 3156
CodeunitId : 104025
FunctionName : UpdateItemNextCountingPeriod
CompanyName : MK.Regnskab ApS
StartTime : 02-09-2016 11:28:39
Duration :
State : FailedPendingResume
Error : The UPG Item does not exist. Identification fields and values: No.='1000'

My steps in the upgrade:
Save tenant db in bak file
Restore tenant on upgrade environment
Mount tenant to NAV 2016 CU2 multitenant env.
Import NAV 2016 license to tenant db
Create myself as a user in tenant db, with SUPER rights
Run schema sync
Import upgrade packages Upgrade710900.FOB and after that Upgrade710900.DK.fob with schema sync each time
Run dataupgrade from env. client

Topic has been discussed here, but I do not see a solution that works for me. http://forum.mibuso.com/discussion/66172/first-nav-2013-r2-to-nav-2016-upgrade-failing-the-upg-item-does-not-exist

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    swpoloswpolo Member Posts: 80
    The solution is to avoid 2013R2 -2016 step and devide it to 2 steps
    1)2013R2-2015
    2) 2015-2016

Nav Upgrades and DEV outsourcing
    Reports transformation to RDLC
    List -1h , Complex List -3h, Document -4h (dev hours)
    navisionupgrade.com
  • Options
    PanzeriElenaPanzeriElena Member Posts: 21
    We have the same error message for CH localization, CU 10. Are you sure that there isn't any other solution?!?!? :)
  • Options
    swpoloswpolo Member Posts: 80
    I answered what is the reason here.
    http://forum.mibuso.com/discussion/66172/first-nav-2013-r2-to-nav-2016-upgrade-failing-the-upg-item-does-not-exist

You can change standard upgrade procedure by the method it was in early NAV verisons where upgrade was splitted into 2 steps. Save values to UPG item temporary table in 2013R2 (before database conversion to 2016) then, after conversion, using these values change Upgrade codeunit to calculate NextCountingPeriod in NAV2016.

Nav Upgrades and DEV outsourcing
    Reports transformation to RDLC
    List -1h , Complex List -3h, Document -4h (dev hours)
    navisionupgrade.com
  • Options
    kaspermoerchkaspermoerch Member Posts: 43
    edited 2016-09-09
    You have to import the UpgradeToolkit before running the Schema Sync.

The reason for this is that the UpgradeToolkit copies data to the UPG Item table on Schema Sync.

This is vaguely described in the last line of Task 8 of the Upgrading to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 guide.

The "magic" can be found in Codeunit 104025 in the function GetTableSyncSetupW1 which is marked as a TableSyncSetup function:
    DataUpgradeMgt.SetTableSyncSetup(DATABASE::Item,DATABASE::"UPG Item",TableSynchSetup.Mode::Copy);

• Options
    Hi Kasper,
    You did indeed help me! Thank you! :)
    I imported upgrade elements before schema sync, and things worked like a charm.

As I am doing a couple of these upgrades over the next months I have a couple of questions:
    1. Doing upgrade from Powershell seems like the fastest way to do this. Do I need to dismount my default tenant when running dataupgrade. My default tenant is just Cronus db, to have a default tenant on environment.
    2. As I need to dismount tenant, back up db and mount it on a live server. I would like to delete upgrade elements, which should make mounting on a app database without upgrade elements happen without the need to force sync. How do I delete the upg elements from Powershell?
  • Options
    kaspermoerchkaspermoerch Member Posts: 43
    edited 2016-09-12
    MaW wrote: »
    Hi Kasper,
    You did indeed help me! Thank you! :)
    I imported upgrade elements before schema sync, and things worked like a charm.

As I am doing a couple of these upgrades over the next months I have a couple of questions:
    1. Doing upgrade from Powershell seems like the fastest way to do this. Do I need to dismount my default tenant when running dataupgrade. My default tenant is just Cronus db, to have a default tenant on environment.
    2. As I need to dismount tenant, back up db and mount it on a live server. I would like to delete upgrade elements, which should make mounting on a app database without upgrade elements happen without the need to force sync. How do I delete the upg elements from Powershell?

I don't have much experience with upgrading multi tenant environments, so I hope some one else can answer your questions.

I suggest you make a new topic here on the forum for these new questions.
  • Options
    Ok, let's close this issue