Options

How to: hide the Navision "Shell" ?

mvlietmvliet Member Posts: 22
I'm looking for a way to display a Navision Forum without displaying the Navision Shell..

A Co-worker sayed he has seen it for Barcode and/or Cashregister Addons for Navision...and i want to do that as well !

I'm looking at VB windows Handler routines and all but can't find anything just yet !

Does anyone ever managed to do such a thing... or is this a Myth :roll: ?

Thanx in advance

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,089
    I am not sure I understood correctly, but if you want to launch a DOS-command without showing the DOS-box, try this:

variables:
    Name	DataType	Subtype	Length
    Laut	Automation	'Windows Script Host Object Model'.WshShell

DosShell(ItxtCommand : Text[1024];IintWindowStyle : Integer;IblnWaitForEndOfCommand : Boolean) OintReturnValue : Integer
    // DosShell //*** 109
    // Works like SHELL and HYPERLINK of Navision but without the annoying confirmation-request of Navision 4.00
    //   (this function uses automation 'Windows Script Host Object Model'.WshShell)
    // PARAMETERS:
    //   ItxtCommand : command + parameters for the SHELL
    //   IintWindowStyle : Type of window for command
    //     0:Hides the window and activates another window. (=Doesn't even show a window, to kill the doscommand,
    //             you have to do it with taskmanager=>Processes)
    //     1:Activates and displays a window. If the window is minimized or maximized, the system restores
    //       it to its original size and position. An application should specify this flag when displaying
    //       the window for the first time. (=shows the window as normal window)
    //     2:Activates the window and displays it as a minimized window. (=shows as minimized)
    //     3:Activates the window and displays it as a maximized window. (=shows as maximized)
    //     4:Displays a window in its most recent size and position. The active window remains active.
    //     5:Activates the window and displays it in its current size and position.
    //     6:Minimizes the specified window and activates the next top-level window in the Z order.
    //     7:Displays the window as a minimized window. The active window remains active.
    //     8:Displays the window in its current state. The active window remains active.
    //     9:Activates and displays the window. If the window is minimized or maximized, the system
    //       restores it to its original size and position. An application should specify this flag
    //       when restoring a minimized window.
    //     10:Sets the show-state based on the state of the program that started the application.
    //   IblnWaitForEndOfCommand : TRUE : wait for the command to finish (and use the RETURN-VALUE)
    //                             FALSE: Launch the command and return (RETURN-VALUE will be 0)
    //   RETURN-VALUE : SHELL-command RETURN-VALUE

CREATE(Laut);
    OintReturnValue := Laut.Run(ItxtCommand,IintWindowStyle,IblnWaitForEndOfCommand);
    CLEAR(Laut);

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    kriki wrote:
    I am not sure I understood correctly, but if you want to launch a DOS-command without showing the DOS-box, try this:

Thnx for your reply but it was not realy what i was looking for :wink:

what i'm looking for is a way to externally start a Navision form from an application without seeing the navision shell (menu's/statusbar/etc)
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It is not possible... Navision is MDI application and all Windows are nested in the Main window... no way to disable this... You can only make form look like Navision etc... but without using the Forms from Navision...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    It is not possible... Navision is MDI application and all Windows are nested in the Main window... no way to disable this... You can only make form look like Navision etc... but without using the Forms from Navision...

yeah that's what i thought.... but Access is also a MDI application but there it IS possible to "hide" the shell.... by changing some window handlers with VBA.

But the navision Forms don't seem to react the same way :roll: