Options

Remote Connectivity

dilbertqbdilbertqb Member Posts: 2
edited 2002-02-14 in Navision Financials
I need some help. I know that remote connectivity has been addressed for Navision Financials, but I needed to know if anybody has found solutions outside citrix or PCAnywhere to setup remote offices.

I currently have a 1.5 Mbps DOWN and 128Kbps UP DSL line to my remote location that I am considering turning up to 7.1 Mbps DOWN and 768Kbps UP. I am curious as to whether that will be enough to handle roughly 2 or 3 terminals at this location while maintaining fast posting times, currently it takes up to 45 seconds to post a shipment.

My other thought is a YIPES *Dark Fiber* 5Mbps UP AND DOWN line, but that is costly. Has anyone else got some ideas I can possibly use?

Thanks,

dilbertqb

Comments

• Options
    MuzzyDawgMuzzyDawg Member Posts: 31
    I'd personally take a look at the User Portal Solution. This will allow you to customize a user interface that will be based specifically on the user's role. All of this can be done through the Internet Explorer browser as well.
  • Options
    3kus3kus Member Posts: 4
    Take a look at Terminal server for win2k server it works ok for 2 - 5 clients..

Best regards,
    Rik

'There is nothing real outside our perception of reality, is there?'
  • Options
    davidswachedavidswache Member Posts: 2
    Take a look at AVM (german company) Netways (clientside) + ISDN Access Server (+DSL know) (Serverside). There are solutions for more than one client also. It was much more speed working with it than with PC-Anywhere. Any new connection tab needs time but then it speed up.